Archive for July, 2015
Dear Respira and Madrigal Members,
As our retreat is approaching, we want to remind you of some expectations:
- Review your information below and be prepared for the first day which is this Friday!!
- Retreat and Camp will be:
- Retreat – Friday, July 31 – 3-9 PM, Saturday, August 1 – 10AM-4 PM, Sunday, August 2 – 2-6 PM
- VAM Camp – Monday through Friday August 3-7. Plan to arrive at 8:30 am and leave at 5 PM. Friday may be a little later since we have our performance and will need everyone to help clean up.
- Scheduling conflicts should be entered online here (even if you have already emailed us).. http://tinyurl.com/coppellchoirconflicts You can use this all year!
- Every day for Camp and Retreat you are expected to bring the following:
- Sheet Music for Respira and Madrigals in a Folder with a Pencil (Respira – We will give you folders and sheet music on the first day. Madrigals bring your music in a folder.)
- Water Bottle
- Sack Lunch for Monday through Friday (NO OFF CAMPUS LUNCH MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY)
- Shorts must be fingertip length or longer. Leggings are NOT pants do NOT wear them. Shirts may not be longer than your shorts. No Tank Tops or Spaghetti Strap Shirts. Please wear tennis shoes with socks each day. NO Flip flops, sandals or crocks. Wear comfortable cloths that you can wear inside and outside.
- Respira Girls MUST wear clothes that they can dance in. There are not places for you to change clothes during the camp.
- DO NOT bring technology that would be stolen or lost. Make sure you are NOT on your cell phones during camp, unless you are contacting Mr. Brown. Wear a watch.
This camp is going to be a LOT of fun. We can’t wait to see each of you and make great music!!
CHS Choir Members,
We hope you are all having a wonderful summer! The TMEA All-State Practice and Accompaniment Recordings are available NOW. Make sure to read the note below from the company that we purchase these recordings from:
Multiple copying of this recording is illegal. This recording shall be used solely for one school site and shall not be sold, lent, or otherwise given to any other school or person.
We ask that you do NOT share these recordings with anyone that is not associated with Coppell ISD. Each school should purchase their own recordings. Click the link below to access the files:
You will be prompted for your CISD gmail account information. New Tech singers will need to request access, which I will happily grant!
Get to work! We can’t wait to hear you. OH AND SIGN UP FOR OUR FREE CAMP!
Mr. Brown and Mr. Carruth!
Have you signed up for the CHS All-State Choir Camp which will be August 17-20 from 4 to 9 PM? It’s FREE!
THERE IS STILL TIME TO REGISTER FOR CAMP!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
Click here to register – http://www.coppellchoir.com/vivace-madrigal-camp/
WHO: Camp participants who are entering 3rd – 6th grade
You do not have to be a CISD student to participate.
WHEN: Monday – Friday, August 3-7
9:00am – 4:00pm
Performance at 4 PM on August 7
WHERE: MOVED TO COTTONWOOD CREEK ELEMENTARY
615 Minyard Dr. Coppell
WHAT: This camp is for singers who are interested in middle school
and high school choir!
If you like to sing, dance, learn music, make new friends, perform, create, and be a part of something amazing, this camp is most definitely for you!