Archive for April, 2014
Vivace Show Tickets will be on sale at the CHS Choir Banquet this Friday. Bring $10 to purchase your tickets! Cash, Check or Card!
Students called back for these ensembles will be informed as soon as Varsity Choir Singing Auditions are completed. (This will likely be the first week of May)
Madrigal Call Backs – May 7 – 4:15 to 5:30 PM
Show Choir Call Backs (For Respira and Vivace) – May 8 – 4:15 to 6:30 PM
Both Call Backs will be in the CHS Choir Room
Click here a brochure about our Inaugural Vox Humana Choral Academy, to be held from July 14-18, 2014, at Booker T. Washington High School.
The Academy is designed to present North Texas vocal students in grades 7-12 with a unique choral opportunity spearheaded by some of the finest musicians in the country. We are thrilled to announce that the Advanced Choir (grades 10-12) will be conducted by Dr. Anton Armstrong (St. Olaf Choir), and the Preparatory Choir (grades 7-9) will be led by Dr. Judy Bowers (The Florida State University). In addition, students will have the opportunity to study private voice and conducting with members of Vox Humana (a professional choir of 24 singers drawn from all over the United States), and will be able to attend a lecture and presentation about the care of the voice from staff (including a surgical ENT) from UTSW Medical Center. The week will conclude with a final concert involving all groups and master teachers, planned for Friday, July 18th at 6:00pm.
UP TO 100% IN SCHOLARSHIP MONEY IS AVAILABLE!
I hope you will consider sharing details of this this opportunity with your students. If you have any questions feel free to email or call me at firstname.lastname@example.org, (615) 519 7003. APPLICATIONS CLOSE MAY 1st. 2014.
David N. Childs
President and Artistic Director, Vox Humana
Dear Parents of Singers for the Ranger Game,
- I will distribute the student tickets as we get closer to April 30.
- Singers will meet Mr. Brown near the home plate entrance on the ground level at 6:00 PM. Make sure to plan for traffic and time to park. Parking usually costs between $10 and $15.
- Singers will need to wear their Black CHS Choir Polos and Khakis (no capris or shorts). They will also need to wear close toed shoes. Shirts will need to be tucked in with a belt. Singers who do not follow this dress code will not be allowed on the field. Anyone still needing a polo will need to email email@example.com with their size. We have ordered the additional polos we need and they will be in by the end of the week.
- No parents will be allowed to go onto the field or downstairs with the singers and directors.
- Singers will rehearse each morning before school in the choir room at 8 AM starting tomorrow.
Click here for schedule and information for Festival di Voce.
Let us know if you have any questions!
Director of Choirs
Coppell High School
Dear Choir Parents and Students,
CHS Choir Students,
The students in the IB Program art hosting the Coppell’s First Annual Art & Music Festival. It will be held on Saturday, May 24th from 11AM to 7PM at Town Center Plaza. (Same day as State Solo and Ensemble)
Auditions for the Festival are being held at CHS on Saturday, April 26 from 9AM to 6PM. Any CHS students, or groups of students are interested, they can sign up at http://tinyurl.com/MusicAndArtCISD
Have a great rest of the weekend!