Archive for August, 2012
The soloists for Light Up the World will be Amanda Stephens and Katie Nall.
Thanks to everyone who auditioned!
We are off to an AMAZING start to the year! THANK YOU for encouraging your child to be in choir!
All Choir Parents will need to complete the Charms registration online at www.tinyurl.com/charmsreg as soon as possible (only once per student).
- We will be emailing your login information soon!
All Choir Students need to bring the following items as supplies:
- Everyone brings one ream of white copy paper
- Vivace additionally needs to bring a box of pencils
- Madrigals additionally needs to bring a box of Kleenex
The form packet from the choir handbook needs to be turned in as soon as possible even though the deadline is September 18.
All Choir Fees (of $85) are due on September 28th. Respira members have until December 14th for their Respira fee.
The Make-Up Parent Meeting will be immediately following the CHS Open House on September 10 at 8:30 PM in the Choir Room.
Any student wishing to participate in the District Auditions (for All-State) will need to:
- 1. Turn in all of their forms as soon as possible
- 2. Complete their “Intent to Audition Form” by this Friday (August 31)
- Get their own real All-State Music Packet. We are selling some for $18 in the choir office.
- Some students still need to pay for packets they took at the CHS All-State Camp
Next Wednesday the first New York Trip Payment is due for the Varsity Choirs (Madrigals, Vivace and Kantorei). You can see the New York Trip Packet on the CHS Choir Website www.chschoirboosters.org
- Any student that wishes to fund raise can currently sell pansies or Choir Sponsorships (note that any donation by a parent or their business that directly benefit their student may not be tax deductible – check with your accountant for more information).
- Contact a Director for more information about fundraising options.
Be sure you visit the CHS Choir Calendar at http://tinyurl.com/CHSChoirCalendar
You can also read the CHS Choir Handbook on the choir website!
CHS Choir Parents,
You will not want to miss the August 16th Parent Meeting at 7 PM in the CHS Lecture Hall. You will have the opportunity to pay choir fees, the down payment for the Varsity Choir Trip as well as other anticipated choir costs. Please bring bottles of water to this meeting to help us have a stock of waters for the year. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Attention all CHS Choir Students!! Bring your family and friends to Mooyahs off of Denton Tap and Sandy Lake on Wednesday, August 15 anytime between 4 ant 10 PM. They are donating a percentage of all sales that night to the Coppell Choir Program! See you there!!
On your mobile phones text “Follow CoppellChoir” to 40404 to receive the latest choir information as a text message. Standard carrier text message rates apply.
You can also stay up-to-date by visiting www.twitter.com/coppellchoir!
No money due at this time!
Bring the following:
Comfortable clothes you can dance in
The Coppell High School A Cappella Choir and Kantorei will be traveling to New York City from March 9-11. We will see at least two broadway shows as well as perform at St. John the Divine. We also will be touring the World Trade Center Memorial and visit the Space Shuttle that is stationed at the USS Intrepid. Specifics will be given to the parents at the meeting on August 16. It will be a remarkable trip!